Skip to content

Moving to the EU? Good advice is now just a few clicks away.

Where do you apply for a German work permit? Does an Indian citizen need a residence permit to study in Spain? And if you have been exploited for work, who can you call for support?

Today, the European Commissioner for Home Affairs, Cecilia Malmström, launched the 'EU Immigration Portal', a website with hands-on information for foreign nationals interested in moving to the EU.

The site is also directed at migrants who are already in Europe and would like to move from one Member State to another. It provides specific information for each category of migrants about migration procedures in all 27 Member States.

The EU Immigration Portal is a first point of entry for up-to-date, practical information on EU and national immigration procedures and policies. Workers, researchers, students and those looking to join their families already in the EU can find information adapted to their needs, about the Member State they are interested in moving to.

The Portal also links directly to the websites of national authorities dealing with immigration. Users can also find straightforward information about their rights and whether they need a visa to come to the EU.

For more information, visit the portal >> (currently available in English and French)

(Source: European Delegation to Canada)