- 1 Junior Trade Advisor
- 2 Internships
THE TRADE COUNCIL OF DENMARK IN NORTH AMERICA IS SEEKING 1 JUNIOR TRADE ADVISOR TO JOIN OUR TORONTO BASED TEAM OF SKILLED TRADE ADVISORS TO HELP LEAD NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT IN THE GREEN BUILDING SECTOR.
Are you a self-starter? Do you have strong understanding of strategic business development? Are you analytic and know what to look for when researching market opportunities? Do you have some experience in sales or customer service? Are you excited to create results and being part of creating strategies to reach these? Do you have experience from or knowledge about the construction industry and DIY markets?
Then you could who we are looking for to join our team for GreenBuild, Architecture and Construction. The GreenBuild Team supports Danish Companies within a broad range of Danish construction companies, including green building technologies, materials and architecture, entering or accelerating its involvement in the North American market.
About the Position
The Trade Council is looking for a Junior Trade Advisor who is interested in Green Build, construction or city development. The successful candidate will work predominately with the Senior Trade Advisor for Green Build. Projects in the sector include a variety projects related to construction, architecture, building materials and technology. You may also be asked to participate in Trade Council wide initiatives involving delegations or special projects. This will require research, analytical, consultation/liaison and communications skills in support of projects with Danish clients.
Work may range from consulting with Danish who wish to enter the Canadian health market, including the introduction of new products and services to supporting bilateral city building initiatives. Much of this work involves navigating the Canadian construction and real estate development sectors on behalf of Danish clients to advise on-, develop-, and implement market strategies and forming strategic alliances.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, proactive, eager and able to work well independently.Persuasive presentation skills and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including experience writing market reports, briefing notes and drafting presentations
- Work experience within the sector; technical or commercial market knowledge preferred
- Experience in business development or sales are considered an asset
- Knowledge about sustainability issues in the sector considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of graphic layouts and design valuable but not required
- As an office we are measured on activities, customer satisfaction and value creation. Value creation is on the top of our minds. As a consequence we also expect you to be service minded and flexible.
- Academic business background (minimum bachelor’s degree)
Please note that applicants must hold a Canadian work permit. Applicants should send a resume and motivated application by end of day, March 5th, 2017. Applicants can expect to be contacted within a week from the application deadline. Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Any questions may be addressed to the same email.
We are currently offering two internships to Danish students to participate in and support the daily work of the office.
The deadline for applications received is March 6, 2017.
Please see the following posting for more detail on the internships: